Ian Goldberg is a sports dad, coach and the Founder of iSport360. Over 100,000 youth sport coaches, players and parents use the platform to share training videos, player evals, sticker rewards and a virtual locker room to keep their team connected active and strong…through the pandemic and as we return to play. Try iSport360 for free here.
If I’ve done my math right, as I enter my 10th year of coaching my daughters in soccer and basketball, I will have surpassed 2,000 hours of volunteer coaching. What?!?! Talk about having irrational exuberance for a cause! Most of us don’t include volunteer coaching on our resume or our LinkedIn profile, probably not even in our Facebook hobbies. And I’m not even sure I would mention it if someone asked me about my volunteer work for non-profits. But the fact is volunteer coaches make the youth sports world go ‘round.
So to celebrate every coach that is reading this article, who has made the same sacrifice for their kids, and their team players, a tribute:
- The impact you have made on your players is immeasurable
- The time you have spent with your kids on the field is timeless
- The sacrifices you’ve made are seldom understood
- The gratitude you receive is never enough, but always appreciated and invigorating
- The example you have set and the life lessons you have taught are enduring
Despite uncertainty, unrest and adversity that looms over us this sports season, thank you for bravely leading your teams, your players and their families back to play.
Wishing you a safe and healthy sports season.
Ian and The iSport360 Team